Today I turned 19. Rather than going into some long spiel about what an incredible landmark today is (No, I don’t feel any different, thank you very much. For God’s sake I’m only a second older than I was a second ago!) So, we won’t go into that. Instead, I figured I’d just post a list of 19 facts about myself. (Arrogance, thy name is Brian) Shall we begin?
1. I prefer iced tea to coffee.
2. I am a Pastor’s Kid.
3. My favorite season is Fall. (Not too hot; not too cold. Well, depending on where you live, I suppose.)
4. I’m not your typical male 19-year old. I enjoy Pinterest, look forward to having many kids (biological, fostered, and adopted) I enjoy Taylor Swift and the occasional musical (The Sound of Music, anyone?) I also enjoy dramatic movies and the occasional, though stereotypical, chick flick. (Safe Haven, The Lucky One, The Fault in Our Stars, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower are at the top of my list.)
5. I am an advanced musician. I play the piano and lead worship at my youth group meetings. I play the drums on Sunday mornings.
6. I am a youth pastor.
7. I actually enjoyed Twilight. (God, help me.)
8. I’ve held a steady job since I was 13-years-old.
9. I have an authentic replica of the sword Narsil from The Lord of the Rings.
10. I’m a dog person, but for some reason cats really seem to like me. *shrugs*
11. I’m the type of person where I have two different dream homes. Each of which are on opposite ends of the spectrum. One, a loft overlooking the NYC skyline. A romantic, quaint cottage for two in the hills of Ireland.
12. Growing up, I had several different types of collections that I kept. I collected rocks, lapel pins, stamps, horse statues, coins from around the world and through the ages, pocket knives. (my first pocket knife was a small blue Camel knife)
13. I’m a fourth generation pastor. My Great-Grandparents were pastors, my Grandparents were, and my parents were.
14. I spent a short 8 months attending SUM Bible College in Oakland, CA where I became unexpectedly drawn to hip hop and rap.
15. My favorite song is rapper NF’s Wake Up. Though, this isn’t entirely true because of the vast array of genre’s before me. So, really I have a favorite from every genre. I’m just too lazy to list ’em all right now.
16. I’m a photographer.
17. I’m not picky when it comes to movies. If I watch it I will probably like it so long as the characters are appealing and fleshed out. The only movie I can say that I actually hated was Noah. But I loved Emma Watson in it!
18. I suffer from BPD and PTSD.
19. I have severe hearing loss and have worn hearing aids since I was a toddler.
Well, there you have it. 19 things you probably never knew you didn’t know about me.